Jack’s quick and easy recipes
4 bone-in, center cut pork chops each about 1-inch thick
1/2 cup whiskey Jack Daniels
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 teaspoons vinegar
2 teaspoons olive oil
salt and pepper
- In a bowl, mix whisk together whiskey, apple cider vinegar, sugar, mustard, cayenne pepper, pepper, vanilla and 2 teaspoons vinegar.
- Transfer 1/4 cup of this mixture to a ziploc bag, add the pork chops and seal. Turn the bag to coat the chops with the mixture. Refrigerate for at least 1 to 2 hours.
- Remove the chops from the marinade. Pat dry with paper towels, season with salt and pepper, and rub a small amount of oil into each side of chops.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet grill over medium / high heat and saute the chops for 3 minutes. Flip and cook an additional 3 minutes. Brush glaze on both sides of the chops and cook for another minute each side.
- Let the chops rest for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with the additional glaze on the side. Enjoy!